For discrete math news, seminar information, recent PhDs, and more, see the links in the sidebar. To sign up for the UK Discrete Math Listserv, send an email to email@example.com with "subscribe UKDISCRETEMATH-L YourFirstName YourLastName" in the message body (not the subject line!). The email address you send this from is the one that will be subscribed to the list.
Ph.D. Washington University in St. Louis, 2007.
Algebraic, Geometric, and Topological Combinatorics.
Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1993.
Ph.D., Cornell University, 1981.
Polytopes; Mathematics Education.
Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1993.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 2010.
Algebraic Combinatorics and Combinatorial Representation Theory.
Rafael S. González D'león
Ph.D. University of Miami, 2014.
Algebraic and Topological Combinatorics.
- Kristen Barnard (Lee)
- Yue Cai (Readdy)
- Karthik Chandrasekhar (Ehrenborg)
- Brian Davis (Braun)
- Alex Happ (Ehrenborg)
- Dustin Hedmark (Ehrenborg)
- Cyrus Hettle (Ehrenborg)
- Wesley Hough (Braun)
- Marie Meyer (Braun)
- Sarah Nelson (Lee)
- McCabe Olsen (Braun)
Visiting Faculty and Postdocs Alumni (First Position after U Kentucky Listed)
- Sergey Kitaev , Visiting Assistant Professor Fall 2003 - Fall 2004, Tenure-track Assistant Professor at Reykjavik University in Iceland
- Edwin O'Shea, Visiting Assistant Professor 2006 - 2007, Two-year postdoc at CINVESTAV in Mexico City, Mexico
- Jakayla Robbins, Postdoctoral Scholar 2003-2004, Tenure-track Assistant Professor at the University of Montana
- Guoce Xin , Visiting Assistant Professor 2005 - 2006, Center for Combinatorics, Nankai University
- Judy Goldsmith - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Andrew Klapper - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Victor Marek - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Mirek Truszczynski - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Ruriko Yoshida - Dept. of Statistics.
- Discrete CATS Seminar (CATS = Combinatorics, Algebra, Topology, Statistics)
- WILDCATS Seminar
- Computer Science Colloquium
- University of Louisville Algebra & Combinatorics Seminar. Information: Jake Wildstrom.
Spring 2016 Graduate Courses
Fall 2015 Graduate Courses
- MA 514 - Combinatorial Structures and Techniques, M. Yip
- MA 714 - Topics in Discrete Mathematics, R. Ehrenborg
Spring 2015 Graduate Courses
- MA 614 - Enumerative Combinatorics, B. Braun
Fall 2014 Graduate Courses
- MA 514 - Combinatorial Structures and Techniques, C. Lee.
- MA 714 - Topics in Discrete Mathematics, B. Braun
- MA 415 - Graph Theory and Combinatorics , R. González D'león (Fall 2015)
- MA/CS 340 - Applicable Algebra; (Discrete Structures in CS) , R. Ehrenborg (Spring 2016)
Sample Coursework for Doctoral Students
- MA 514 - Combinatorial Structures and Techniques
- MA 515 - Linear and Combinatorial Optimization
- MA 614 - Enumerative Combinatorics
- MA 714 - Combinatorics of Coxeter Groups
- MA 714 - Geometric Combinatorics
- MA 714 - Geometric Probability
- MA 715 - Commutative Algebra and Polytopes
- MA 715 - Graph Theory
- MA 715 - Hyperplane Arrangements
- MA 715 - Matroid Theory
- MA 715 - Polytope Theory
- MA 715 - Representation Theory and the Symmetric Group
- CS 575 - Theoretical Aspects of Computing