Spring 2021 Instructional Strategies
The Department of Mathematics is committed to high quality instruction. We will provide instruction safely and responsibly. In particular, we will follow official guidelines with regard to Covid-19. Consequently, there will be a mix of modes for delivering the curriculum, some of which are entirely online and others which will include a range of in-person opportunities. The Department has experience with these teaching modes. Department members have successfully taught a variety of online classes for years. Instructors will communicate detailed information about individual courses to students through a combination of email, Canvas, and other updates.
Some of our initiatives have been featured in an article that appeared in UKNow, see https://uknow.uky.edu/student-and-academic-life/not-book-chemistry-math-gateway-instructors-adapt-hybrid-interactive.
- Course Web Pages
- Mathskeller Mathematics learning center of the Mathematics Department and the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Kentucky.
- Placement into lower division courses
- Overrides for registration in mathematics courses
- Syllabi collection for mathematics courses
Calculus Among Friends. Program for students enrolled in Calculus I (Math 113) and Calculus II (Math 114) designed to give capable students the best chance to excel in Calculus.
- Bulletin (Special academic programs)
Mathematics placement information. Credit for International Baccalaureate Courses. Credit for AP courses. Credit for CLEP Examinations.
- Bulletin (Descriptions of Mathematics courses)
- Guide to courses that may be transferred to UK
- The Study Academic Enhancement, located in The Study at the University of Kentucky, provides a variety of resources in one location to guide students to more effective learning.