For discrete math news, seminar information, recent PhDs, and more, see the links in the sidebar on the right. To sign up for the UK Discrete Math Listserv, send an email to email@example.com with "subscribe UKDISCRETEMATH-L YourFirstName YourLastName" in the message body (not the subject line!). The email address you send this from is the one that will be subscribed to the list.
Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1993.
Ph.D., Cornell University, 1981.
Ph.D., Michigan State University, 1993.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 2010.
Algebraic Combinatorics and Combinatorial Representation Theory.
|Rafael S. González D'león
Ph.D. University of Miami, 2014.
Algebraic and Topological Combinatorics.
Qualified Graduate Students
- Yue Cai (Readdy)
- Robert Davis (Braun)
- Brad Fox (Ehrenborg)
- Alex Happ (Ehrenborg)
- Dustin Hedmark (Ehrenborg)
- Wesley Hough (Braun)
- Sarah Nelson (Lee)
- Liam Solus (Braun)
- Clifford Taylor (Lee)
Current Doctoral Students in Math Education
Romona Birch (Math Ed; C. Lee, Co-Advisor with M. Mohr-Schroeder)
Affiliated Graduate Students
- Brian Davis
- Marie Meyer
- Sarah Orchard
Visiting Faculty and Postdocs Alumni (First Position after U Kentucky Listed)
- Sergey Kitaev , Visiting Assistant Professor Fall 2003 - Fall 2004, Tenure-track Assistant Professor at Reykjavik University in Iceland
- Edwin O'Shea, Visiting Assistant Professor 2006 - 2007, Two-year postdoc at CINVESTAV in Mexico City, Mexico
- Jakayla Robbins, Postdoctoral Scholar 2003-2004, Tenure-track Assistant Professor at the University of Montana
- Guoce Xin , Visiting Assistant Professor 2005 - 2006, Center for Combinatorics, Nankai University
- Judy Goldsmith - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Andrew Klapper - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Victor Marek - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Mirek Truszczynski - Dept. of Computer Science.
- Ruriko Yoshida - Dept. of Statistics.
- Discrete CATS Seminar (CATS = Combinatorics, Algebra, Topology, Statistics)
- WILDCATS Seminar
- Computer Science Colloquium
- University of Louisville Algebra & Combinatorics Seminar. Information: Jake Wildstrom.
Spring 2015 Graduate Courses
- MA 614 - Enumerative Combinatorics, B. Braun
Fall 2014 Graduate Courses
- MA 514 - Combinatorial Structures and Techniques, C. Lee.
- MA 714 - Discrete Morse Theory (Topics in Discrete Mathematics), B. Braun.
Spring 2014 Graduate Courses
- MA 614 - Enumerative Combinatorics, M. Readdy.
- MA 714 - Topics in Discrete Mathematics (Unimodal sequences), B. Braun.
- MA 415 - Graph Theory and Combinatorics (Fall)
- MA/CS 340 - Applicable Algebra; (Discrete Structures in CS) (Spring)
Sample Qualifying Coursework for Doctoral Students
- MA 514 - Combinatorial Structures and Techniques
- MA 515 - Linear and Combinatorial Optimization
- MA 614 - Enumerative Combinatorics
- MA 714 - Combinatorics of Coxeter Groups
- MA 714 - Geometric Combinatorics
- MA 714 - Geometric Probability
- MA 715 - Commutative Algebra and Polytopes
- MA 715 - Graph Theory
- MA 715 - Hyperplane Arrangements
- MA 715 - Matroid Theory
- MA 715 - Polytope Theory
- MA 715 - Representation Theory and the Symmetric Group
- CS 575 - Theoretical Aspects of Computing