Analysis and Partial Differential Equations
|Professor (Potential Theory and Partial Differential Equations), Ph.D., Univ.of Minnesota, 1969|
|James E. Brennan||Professor (Potential Theory and Complex Analysis) Ph.D., Brown Univ, 1968|
|Russell Brown||Professor (Harmonic Analysis, Inverse Problems, PDE), Ph.D., Univ of Minnesota, 1987|
|Richard Carey||Professor (Functional Analysis), Ph.D., SUNY-Stony Brook, 1970|
|Lawrence Harris||Professor (Functional analysis, Infinite Dimensional Holomorphy, Polynomials), Ph.D., Cornell University, 1969|
|Peter Hislop||Professor (Mathematical Physics and Geometric Analysis), Ph.D., Univ of California-Berkeley, 1984|
|John L. Lewis||Professor (Mathematical Aspects of Partial Differential Equations), Ph.D., Univ of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, 1970|
|Katharine Ott||Assistant Professor (Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations), Ph.D., Univ. of Virginia, 2008|
|Peter Perry||Professor (Mathematical Physics, Geometric Analysis, Dispersive Nonlinear PDE), Ph.D., Princeton Univ, 1981|
|Zhongwei Shen||Professor (Partial Differential Equations, Harmonic Analysis, and Mathematical Physics), Ph.D., Univ. of Chicago, 1989|
|Changyou Wang||Professor (Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations), Ph.D.. Rice Univ, 1996.|
|Visitors and Post-Doctoral Scholars|
|Jay Hineman||Visiting lecturer (Partial differential equations) Ph.D. University of Kentucky, 2012|
|Leonardo Marazzi||Postdoctoral scholar (Geometric Scattering Theory) Ph.D., Purdue University, 2009|
|J.D. Buckholz||Complex Analysis|
|Michael Freeman||Several Complex Variables|
|Ronald F. Gariepy||Partial Differential Equations|
|Henry Howard||Qualitative Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Ray Rishel||Stochastic Optimal Control Theory|
|Ted Suffridge||Complex Analysis|
|Current Ph.D Students|
Analysis and Partial Differential Equations Seminar
Tuesdays at 11:00 A.M.; Coordinator: Katy Ott. Seminar schedule
Ohio River Analysis Meeting
The Ohio River Analysis Meeting is a joint effort between the University of Kentucky and the University of Cincinnati. The third edition will take place on 9-10 March 2013 at the University of Cincinnati.
Ph.D. Dissertations Since 1989
- Chris Mattingly (2012), Rational Approximation on Compact Nowhere Dense Sets (Advisor: J. Brennan).
- Jun Geng (2011), Elliptic Boundary Value Problems on Non-smooth Domains (Advisor: Z. Shen).
- Erin Militzer (2011), L^p Polynomial Approximation and Uniform Rational Approximation (Advisor: J. Brennan).
- Justin Taylor (2011), Convergence of Eigenvalues for Elliptic Systems on Domains with Thin Tubes and the Green Function for the Mixed Problem (Advisor: R. Brown).
- Phuoc Ho (2010), Upper Bounds on the Splitting of Eigenvalues (Advisor: P. Hislop).
- Joel Kilty (2009), L^p Boundary Value Problems on Lipschitz Domains (Advisor: Z. Shen).
- Julie Miker (2009), Eigenvalue Inequalities for a Family of Spherically Symmetric Riemannian Manifolds (Advisor: P. Hislop).
- Zhongyi Nie (2009), Estimates for a Class of Multi-linear forms (Advisor: R. Brown).
- Teng Jiang (2008), Absolute Minimizers of L-infinity Functional under the Dirichlet Energy Constraint (Advisor: C. Wang).
- Christopher Frayer (2008), Scattering Theory on the Line with Singular Miura Potentials (Advisor: P. Perry).
- Aekyoung Shin Kim (2007), The L^p Neumann Problem for Laplace Equation in Convex Domains (Advisor: Z. Shen).
- Yuho Shin (2006), Geodesics of a Two-Step Nilpotent Lie Group (Advisor: P. Perry).
- Bjorn Bennewitz (2006), Nonuniqueness in a Free Boundary Problem (Advisor: J. L. Lewis).
- Mike Dobranski (2004), Construction of Exponentially Growing Solutions to First-Order Systems with Non-Local Potentials (Advisor: R. Brown).
- Mary Goodloe (2004), Hadamard Products of Convex Harmonic Mappings (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Steve Kovacs (2004), Invertibility Preserving maps of C*-Algebras (Advisor: L. Harris).
- Stacey Mueller (2004), Harmonic Mappings and Solutions of a Differential Equation Related to de la Vallee Poussin Means (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Wataru Ishizuka (2003), The Weak Compactness and Regularity of Weakly Harmonic Maps (Advisors: C. Wang and L. Harris).
- Christopher Morgan (2001), On Univalent Harmonic Mappings (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Carl Lutzer (2000), On the extraction of topological and geometric information from the spectrum of the Dirichlet to Neumann operator (Advisor: P. Hislop).
- Jeffery D. Sykes (1999), Regularity of Solutions of the Mixed Boundary Problem for Laplace's Equation on a Lipschitz Graph Domain (Advisor: R. Brown).
- Jerry R. Muir, Jr. (1999), Linear and Holomorphic Idempotents and Retracts in the Open Unit Ball of a Commutative C*-algebra with Identity (Advisor: T. Suffridge ).
- Michael D. Galloy (1998), Harmonic Univalent Mappings on the Unit Disk and the Punctured Unit Disk (Advisor: T. Suffridge ).
- John T. Thompson (1998), A Study of Harmonic Mappings on Punctured Domains: An Argument Principle and Some Coefficient Results (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Wei Hu (1997), The Initial-boundary Value Problem for Higher Order Differential Operators on Lipschitz Cylinders (Advisor: R. Brown).
- John Prather (1997), Geometric Properties of the Hadamard Product (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Michael Dorff (1997), The Inner Mapping Radius and Construction of Harmonic, Univalent Mappings of the Unit Disk (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Robert Robertson (1996), An inverse boundary value problem in linear elasticity (Advisor: P. Hislop).
- John Tolle (1996), Location of Inhomogeneities in Elastic Media (Advisor: R. Gariepy).
- Ron Vandenhouten (1996), Stability for the Biharmonic and Polyharmonic Obstacle Problems (Advisor: D. R. Adams).
- Kevin Roper (1995), Convexity Properties of Holomorphic Mappings in C (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Evelyn Pupplo-Cody (1992), A Structural Formula for a Class of Typically Real Functions and Some Consequences (Advisor: T. Suffridge).
- Barbara Hatfield (1991), Gradient Estimates for Capillary Problems (Advisor: R. Gariepy).
- Hi Jun Choe (1989), Regularity for Minimizers of Certain Singular Functionals (Advisor: R. Gariepy).